We Want to Hear From You
We are dedicated to accomplishing our mission and mandate through collaboration, transparency and accessibility to all partners in the criminal justice community. As we grow, we will be publishing our policies on all subjects. In the meantime, we hope that the information on this website has been helpful to understanding the Nevada Department of Indigent Defense Services ("Department").
Client Satisfaction Survey
The Department wants to learn more about your experiences with your appointed public defender. The responses you give to the survey will be confidential and will not be shared with your attorney or anyone else. The results will help us improve representation for indigent defendants in Nevada. Client Satisfaction Survey.
Complaints or Recommendations
The Department has established a form for submitting recommendations or complaints concerning the provision of indigent defense services (as defined by NRS 180.004) from any interested person. The form may be submitted anonymously. Complaint or Recommendation Form.
- These complaints or recommendations will be used for internal purposes only.
- If the form does not contain a recommendation or complaint concerning indigent defense services, the matter will be closed.
DIDS strives for government transparency by adhering to the requirements of Nevada
Public Records Law and the information received on this form may be subject to
disclosure pursuant to the Nevada Public Records Act.
For more information, please see NRS Chapter239.
- These complaints will not be forwarded to the State Bar of Nevada, nor will they be filed in court for any purpose including, but not limited to, post-conviction ineffective assistance of counsel/habeas claims.
- Bar complaints must be filed with the State Bar of Nevada Office of Bar Counsel, not the Department of Indigent Defense Services.
- The Department does not provide legal advice.